Thursday, June 01, 2006

engerrlaannnd

Damn it I hate the world cup. I have been woken up two nights in a row at 3am by drunk working class idiots walking past the window singing a variety of football songs - 3 lions/vindaloo/jerusalem.

I could half tolerate it if someone was doing that Paul Barnes rap from World in Motion - "You've got to hold and give /But do it at the right time/You can be slow or fast/But you must get to the line" CLASSIC (especially when done whilst dancing awkwardly in a cut off T Shirt, how camp...)

But it wasn't - it was another fine example of the outpourings of faux patriotism that has been so in our faces for the last month or so. Even the right hon. Anthony Blair is getting on the bandwagon flying St.George above number 10. It all makes me sincerely uneasy and not just because all the flag waving makes me think of the BNP (don't get me started on the BNP except to say they are ALL to a man nothing short of subhuman, malodorous SCUM!) It's something aside from that, it's something about the lurking aggression - that tensions that feels ready to burst into violence at the slightest provocation. I mean we can probably take it for granted that a majority of people would be happy to see England do well in the tournament, but I feel this has been hijacked by people who just want to be boisterous and lairy.

This has also opened up a couple of other topics for me to supply my opinion on:
1) BNP/Daily Mail and its readers
2) early 90s rap

by your beds!

4 Comments:

Blogger Coxy said...

you're an uber gay

8:31 AM  
Blogger S T Cox said...

errr, takes one to know one. gay boy.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't it john barnes...or am i thinking of a diffferent song?

4:26 PM  
Blogger S T Cox said...

no it is john barnes.

in a cut off T shirt.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home